Love for Lincoln

lincoln1

This post is VERY closer to my heart – Lincoln is our 13 year old friend. He moved here to our town from Lethbridge, Alberta (where I grew up) in August of this year. Just after her moved here, he was in an terrible bicycle accident that broke his neck and injured his spinal cord. His whole story is HERE – It has been four months since the accident and he still is at the Stollery Children’s hospital in Edmonton, Alberta. He is such an inspiration. The Goal is to have him come home by Christmas. We take many things in life for granted- Lincoln does not have life easy but he is such an optimist. Life for him is a lot different now that he cannot walk or move his lower body, breathe completly on his own or move his upper body (other than his right arm slightly). I wanted to do something for him and his family that will help with the costs of him coming home and furture care. This makes me so happy to help him and I hope you show your support and love.

Here is what a bit of his last blog post talked about…..

“A doctor from a rehabilitation hospital came to assess Lincoln to see what his prospects of recovery are. Obviously we had pretty high hopes that it would reveal something good. A very very long story short, he concluded that there is a 99.8% chance that he will not recover beyond where he is at today. Although it was very disappointing to hear, Lincoln told me he was the 0.2%

When Lincoln first arrived at the Stollery hospital, they told us he would not survive the weekend. And he did. They told us he wouldn’t regain feeling or movement past his shoulders and he now has some movement in his right arm. They told us he would never eat food by mouth. He is eating all his food by mouth. They told us he would never be off the ventilator. He does three one hour trials off the vent most days. They told us he would be institutionalized, yet plans are in place to bring him home.

Lincoln is learning the divine gift of hope. Just the day before this assessment his sister Kami sent an email suggesting we read a talk called, “The healing Balm of hope”, by Vaughn E. Worthen. He said, “To posses this hope is to believe that today’s pain is only a way station on the road to deliverance. It requires patience with current circumstances. It is the belief that there will be a coming day when “God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain” (Revelation 21:4) Divine hope is sustained not because things always turn out as we wish but because we know that “all things wherewith we have been afflicted shall work together for our good” and to the glory of the Lord’s name (D &C 98:3)”

Thank you so much for everyone’s continued faith, prayers, and hope. Love to all.”

dsc02124

Lincoln this past month – at the Stollery 

IMG_6853
Lincoln and his Mom BEFORE the accident

Lincoln and his Brother AFTER the accident

img_13891

emmalincoln

This is Lincoln’s little sister Emma- 🙂 In my studio a month or so ago.

Information about the Love for Lincoln Fundraiser

$250 for a 15-20 minute studio session with 5 high resolution digital files

No online gallery will be available but the BEST 5 images will be emailed to the client by December 6th, 2014.

Sessions Available for CHILDREN and BABIES 6 months- 12 years old (max 3 children), No family portraits or pets

CASH at session only

Two Backdrops will be available, one barnwood and the other a Christmas theme

Session Times are a first come, first serve basis and reservations for times are required

Sessions Times available:

9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30 12:30, 1:00, 1:30, 2:00, 2:30pm

10 spots available , reserve yours by emailing Allison@urbanalli.com with subject “LOVE FOR LINCOLN”

100% of the $250 will be given to Lincoln and his family

Thank you!!!!

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

*

*